We are glad you are here. The doors of our church are open to you. Regardless of your race, background or history, this is a place where you are welcome. We are a church that grows together in love, grace and unity; that reaches out to share the transforming love of Jesus Christ with others so that together we will seek to know and live God’s amazing plan. The mission of Sharptown Church can be summed up in the following way:
Faithfully proclaiming the WORD:
Worship – “Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, soul and your strength.” (Matthew 22:36-40)
Outreach – “Go and make disciples.” (Matthew 28:18-20)
Relationships – “Love your neighbor as yourself.” (Matthew 22:38)
Discipleship – “Let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity.” (Hebrews 6:1)
– What should I expect at Sunday service?
Our services are contemporary with biblically-based relevant teaching for the days we live in. Our worship ministry consists of our Praise and Worship team using contemporary Christian music to assist the congregation into praise and thanksgiving. Pursuing God together and growing in the knowledge of Him is our goal.
– How should I dress?
While some folks prefer to wear their “Sunday best,” many wear casual and comfortable clothing on Sunday morning and Wednesday night. Let modesty be your guide.
– What about my children?
Sharptown has excellent children’s ministries. Our nursery class cares for children from six weeks to four years old. Our children’s ministry during 8:30 and 11:15 worship services is called Graceland and serves ages 4 through 4th grade. All ages meet for Sunday School at 10:00AM.
– Do I need to bring anything?
If you have a Bible, bring it with you to church. Then, you will be able to follow along with the sermon.
– How can I become acquainted with church life at Sharptown?
There are many ways that you can become involved:
- Stay around after service, pick up a visitor packet and fill out a visitor card so we know your name and address. We will be in touch with you.
- Meet our leaders and find out about the different opportunities we have here that you can participate in.
- Make an appointment with one of our ministry staff and introduce yourself.
- Come back next week. We trust you will feel at home, and we hope that the time you spend here will encourage and equip you to pursue God and His will for your life.
Message from Douglas J. Smith, Senior Pastor:
Welcome to Sharptown Church. We are thrilled to have the chance to tell you more about the Sharptown family. We are a growing church whose goal is to spread the good news of Jesus Christ and provide a solid Bible-based fellowship in southern New Jersey. We have adopted as our mission… WORD …Worship (loving God), Outreach (making disciples) Relationships (loving and serving each other) and Discipleship (growing in our faith). The doors of our church are open to you. We trust that your time with us deepened your understanding of God and encouraged you to pursue Him and His will for you and your family.